Assistance with healthcare strategy
Governance and management/leadership for doctors
Medico-legal advice and reports
Terms & Conditions
Last updated: May 2010
5. Restrictions for website access - Expertology forbids you to download the website (other than downloadable material relating to products or services you subscribe to) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of Expertology. This restriction also includes any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
6. Your user content - In these terms and conditions, our definition of “your user content” is: ‘material (including text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our website, for whatever purpose’.
When you purchase a product from Expertology, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt and details of your purchase. Any purchase represents an acceptance of contractual obligations by us.
8. Pricing of services and products - All prices quoted on the website are for customers making their payment direct to us and therefore include VAT at the current rate where applicable and are subject to change without notice.
9. Restrictions of use of this website and products/services purchased from it - You may not use information or products/services purchased from this website for any other purpose other than for your personal non–commercial use only. Any other use of the material and content from our website or services of the website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content. Services and products provided through this website are exclusively for the purchaser’s own use, and cannot be sold, distributed, displayed or given away, in whole or in part, to any other person or organisation in any form without formal written permission from Expertology.
10. Limitation of Liability - All information contained within this website, together with any guidance documents and support provided to customers by Expertology, are to the best of our knowledge and correct at the time of publication. However, Expertology cannot be responsible for any personal loss arising from the use of this website and subsequent services. All guidance documents and support provided is for general guidance only and if in doubt applicants should contact the appropriate educational institution to obtain advice specific to their application. Expertology cannot be held liable for the outcome of using any product or service purchased from this website.
Although Expertology ensure that all services delivered are of the highest quality, we cannot be held responsible for the outcome through subscriptions to any of our services. Expertology will not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, resulting from the use or loss of use of the services via the Expertology website. Expertology makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the operation of this site or any information, content, products and services, which are included on or otherwise made available to you, through the website and otherwise specified in writing and you expressly agree to use this site at your sole risk.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
Expertology will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the website. Expertology will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and Expertology accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
This does not affect your contract cancellation rights.
Expertology will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
11. Electronic communications - When you visit the Expertology website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We often communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
12. Alteration of service or amendments to the conditions - We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, products and services and these conditions of use at any time. You will be subject to the policies and conditions of use in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
13. Links to other websites - These terms and conditions apply only to the Expertology websites. Throughout this website are links to other third party websites which Expertology deem may be useful to aid your educational development. Through using this website you accept that under no circumstances will Expertology be held responsible for the contents and any subsequent damage, discourse or inconvenience caused as a result of visiting any third party website. If you have any queries or concerns regarding any website linked to Expertology please contact us.
14. Events beyond our reasonable control - We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
15. Waiver - If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
16. Termination of services - Throughout the course of us providing our services to you, if you fail to contact us after 28-days despite our best efforts to make contact with you by telephone, postal letter and email we will assume that you no longer require our services and deem our services to be delivered to your satisfaction.
17. Assignment - We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
We also reserve the right to move course dates and venues if we give clients at least four weeks notice.
21. Enrolment onto courses for the benefit of third parties – You agree that you are subscribing onto our courses for the sole purpose of your personal development and not on behalf of another entity or competitor organisation. All course material, techniques and handouts are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Expertology.
22. Exclusion of third party rights –These terms and conditions are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party
24. Governing law - This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall be courts of competent jurisdiction. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.